Museum Educator Pouako vacancy
Whaowhia te kete mātauranga
Tairāwhiti Museum is a much-loved community organisation, committed to sharing the art, culture and history of Tairāwhiti through exhibitions, collections, events and educational programmes.
We are looking for a motivated and inspiring Educator Pouako to join our team.
Our mission is to utilise the museum’s unique resources to provide rich, learning experiences which support teachers and impact positively on student achievement in Tairāwhiti.
The successful applicant will work as part of the museum education team to develop, promote and deliver interactive education programmes in Social Sciences and the Arts as part of the museum’s LEOTC (Learning Experiences Outside the Classroom) service.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a university degree or post-graduate degree or diploma in Education, Māori Studies, Art, History or other relevant area of study
- A minimum of two years teaching experience in a school, museum or similar environment
- Be a skilled communicator with strong written, verbal, analytical and reasoning skills
- Have a strong, positive attitude with a focus on solutions and innovation
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Have a demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Be a self-directed learner with a strong understanding of the NZ Curriculum, Key Competencies and modern learning practices
- Have the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with programme partners and stakeholders
Fluency in te reo and tikanga Māori, and experience working with high school students will be an advantage.
This is a permanent, full time position.
Applications close 4pm Friday 1 July 2016
For a detailed job description or more information, pick up an information pack from reception or contact:
The Director, Tairāwhiti Museum, PO Box 716, Gisborne, email: email@example.com
Application Form Position Profile
Copyright © Tairawhiti Museum