Wedding gown, 1947, donated by Mrs Lois Curry, 1996.96
This homemade wedding gown was worn by Trixie Beaufoy at her wedding to Henry James Burborough at St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Gisborne, on 26 April 1947. Though the design of this dress is simple, it features luxurious satin fabric and an elaborate train. It was donated to the museum by the daughter of the bride and groom, Mrs Lois Curry.
Copyright © Tairawhiti Museum