Wedding gown and veil, 1957, donated by Mrs Sheila Robinson, 2000.75.12
This dress was made and worn by Sheila Robinson, formerly employed as historian at Tairawhiti Museum and resident of Gisborne for many years. Mrs Robinson married at Knox College, Dunedin, on 5 January 1957. During the 1950s, brocade was a popular choice for special dresses. The dress also features the wide, stiff petticoat of the 1950s.
Shiela Robinson on the wedding day