Retailers Adair Bros' have a long connection with Gisborne shoppers dating back to the arrival of Irishman William Adair in 1866. Originally purchasing premises from Captain G.E. Read, Adair bros' have occupied many sites within the Gisborne CBD including branches such as the Cash Stores.
This 1960s window display image is from the 'Adair Building' on the corner of Gladstone Road and Grey Street.
Click on the images or icons below and browse through fifty years of fashion
Copyright © Tairawhiti Museum